Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stimulated

California's new budget has been passed. The Democrats got enough Republicans to sell out and now we have double the vehicle license fee, a higher income tax and a higher sales tax.

Bravo California on choosing one of the worst economic climates in my lifetime to raise taxes. That should fix everything.

Growing up in California, there has always been some emergency: earthquakes, not enough police, not enough education, that has caused the government, in its infinite wisdom, to raise taxes yet again. It's all horsepoop.

It only goes one way. More rules, more regulations, more taxes. Where is the tipping point? When is it too much? Why don't I ever remember California taxes going down?

I don't have these answers and not paying any taxes gets me in jail. I've had enough though. I'm buying whatever I can over the internet to minimize sales tax (I don't care if it costs me more to ship a product, Fed Ex is more deserving of my money). Additionally, I've recently changed my business structure as to pay a negligible amount of income tax. From now on, I'm never paying California a cent more than I have to. Good luck, California, finding some other sucker to pay your tithe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home